The CDM Regulations apply to all construction works, and place certain obligations on clients in particular in respect of Health & Safety matters.
Any works should not progress beyond outline feasibility stage without a CDM Co-ordinator to advise on the competancy of those apponted and ensure the clients obligations are correctly discharged.
Some of those obligations include :-
- Ensuring the competancy of those appointed including designers and contractors
- Ensuring adequate resources are available for the project
- Provide all available relevant information to designers and contractors
- Advise where further surveys or details are required to ensure works are undertaken safely
- Notifying the HSE where works are over 30 days duration or 500 person days
- Reviewing the Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan
- Ensuring a suitable Health & Safety file is available on completion of the works
For further details and advice please do not hesitate to contact us.